The SPECviewperf® 2020 v2.0 benchmark, released on June 23, 2021, is the worldwide standard for measuring graphics performance based on professional applications. The benchmark measures the 3D graphics performance of systems running under the OpenGL and Direct X application programming interfaces. The benchmark workloads are called viewsets, and represent graphics content and behavior from actual workstation-class applications, without the need to install the applications themselves.
Major updates in SPECviewperf 2020 v2.0 include:
- The solidworks-06 viewset has been updated to use the same viewport rendering modes in both 4K and 2K resolutions. Results are not comparable with SPECviewperf 2020 v1.0 solidworks-05 or any previous version.
- Viewsets are now individually downloaded and may be independently installed and removed using the new “Manage Viewsets” utility.
SPECviewperf 2020 v2.0 supports all the features previously introduced in the SPECviewperf 2020 v1.0, released in October 2020:
- New viewsets created from API traces of the latest versions of 3ds Max, Catia, Maya, and Solidworks applications.
- Updated models in the viewsets based on 3ds Max, Catia, Creo, Solidworks, and real-world medical applications.
- Support within all viewsets for both 2K and 4K resolution displays.
- User interface improvements, including better interrogation and assessment of underlying hardware, clickable thumbnails of screen grabs, and a new results manager.
- Support for running the benchmark using command-line options.