Members of the SPEC GWPG play a vital role in developing the graphics and workstation benchmarks that are or will become worldwide standards.
The GWPG membership includes AMD, Dell, Fujitsu, HP, Intel, Lenovo, Nvidia and VeriSilicon.
We welcome new ISVs, software user groups, publication editors and testing lab directors to help develop and maintain our benchmarks.
Why join the GWPG?
- Publish unlimited benchmark results, worth $1,000 perf submission, on the SPEC website, which is visited annually by 3 million professionals.
- Participate in all SPECapc, SPECgpc, and SPECwpc technical meetings to shape the direction of the most widely quoted and respected benchmarks for professional graphics and workstation performance.
- Earn increased credibility from agencies and large-scale customers who use GWPG benchmark for buying decisions and RFP’s.
- Receive publicity in all GWPG-related public relations. Over the past year, 650 GWPG-related articles have been published online reaching a potential audience of millions.
- Early access to benchmarks before formal release.
- Gain thousands in estimated savings versus licensing individual benchmarks at commercial costs.
A single annual membership fee in the GWPG, including all three committees and the benefits listed above costs $20,000. If interested, please apply and submit by email.
Non-profit organizations and educational institutions may qualify for Associate status at a discounted annual fee of $500. Associates enjoy all the benefits of membership except for voting rights. All GWPG and SPEC rules and rights apply to Associates, except voting rights. If interested, please apply and submit by email.
For more information about membership, please contact us.
Options Outside Membership
The GWPG provides opportunities for those outside the organization’s membership to have their benchmark results reviewed and, if accepted, posted on the SPEC website.
Here are some reasons why you should consider participating in this program:
- Receive high visibility on the world’s most popular website for performance evaluation based on professional applications; a site visited by more than 3 million annually.
- If accepted after peer review, your results will have the increased integrity that comes with meeting GWPG’s widely respected and rigorous standards.
- Submitting results costs much less than other forms of marketing, and lasts longer, as accepted results remain on the GWPG website for perpetuity.
- Your results will be seen by corporate and government CTOs and IT managers who rely on GWPG results as a key component in their decision-making process for purchasing new computer equipment.
- You will be in the company of the world’s leading suppliers of graphics and workstation components and systems.
GWPG committees accept submissions each Friday, except in weeks that include a major US holiday.
Publication of a single accepted submission for the GWPG’s non-members is $1,000. There is a limit of eight non-member submissions per company over a 12-month period. If a company joins the GWPG, they will receive a credit for all submissions within the 12-month period before becoming a member.
Note that a paid license is required for any for-profit enterprise that is not a GWPG member and is a seller of computers or computer-related products and/or services. This means that any computer product vendor wishing to submit results must have a paid license for the benchmark under which they are submitting results.