The SPECviewperf® benchmark is the worldwide standard for measuring graphics performance based on professional applications. The benchmark measures the 3D graphics performance of systems running under the OpenGL application programming interfaces. The benchmark’s test files, called viewsets, represent a popular mix of graphics rendering and manipulation found in actual applications.
The SPECviewperf 9 benchmark was released on May 17, 2006.
- Two new viewsets based on traces of UGS Teamcenter Visualization Mockup, a conceptual design application, and UGS NX 3, a leading CAD/CAM application
- New complex models with up to 11 million vertices in the Teamcenter Visualization Mockup, and 30 million vertices in the UGS NX 3 viewset
- Use of glDrawElements instead of glArrayElement within the restructured Maya viewset, as used in Maya 6.5
- Memory and list allocation improvements that allow data to be reused and shared in the same manner as within actual applications
- better compression, enabling the inclusion of larger viewsets
- Mixing of primitive types and graphics modes, helping to ensure that optimizations for a viewset will be reflected in real-world performance
SPECviewperf 9 viewsets:
Teamcenter Visualization Mockup